Join us for a free, follow-up Videochat for support
Friday, Nov. 18th from 3:00 – 4:00pm
Be brave and share your Docu-Challenge!
at Symposium Part B on Thursday, Dec. 1st, 2016
5-10 minute presentations should be submitted to Robin Koo
by Wednesday, Nov. 23rd – just before you bake that pie!
How is your Docu-Challenge going?
Join Teaching Beyond the Square staff, Robin Koo and Yeshnaya Dougherty, on Friday, November 18th for a follow-up Videochat. They’ll be available to help you process any takeaways from Symposium Part A, answer questions about documentation, and offer support to those of you taking on the Docu-Challenge.
Here’s how to login for the Videochat:
- Please go to this website, Zoom, which hosts free videoconferencing: https://zoom.us/
- At the top of the screen, towards the right side, you'll see "Join a Meeting" - click on that
- Enter this "Meeting ID": 759 262 2973
- You may be asked to download "ZoomUsLauncher.zip" and then double-click it in order to join the meeting. Please do so!
- You will be asked if you want to “Join Audio by Computer” - please dso. Make sure your volume is up and that the "Mute" option is not selected in the program.
- Call Robin with any issues accessing the videochat: 917-881-6497
About the Docu-Challenge:
We hope you will utilize the takeaways from Symposium Part A in your own pedagogical practice and school community.
Think about what kind of shift you want to make starting Monday, Nov. 7th:
- What kind of (small) change do you want to make, and what would be the best way to go about it?
- What do you need in order to make it happen?
- What kind of support do you need to make it happen?
- What tools and systems do you need to put into place to make it happen?
Document the change you make!
- Take photographs or video
- Write down reflections on how the change-making feels, and what’s working and what the challenges are
- What kind of impact is it having on your practice?
- What kind of impact is it having on the children?
- What kind of impact is it having on parent/family connections?