Our mission is to improve the quality of early childhood education for all children through long-term collaborative partnerships with school communities.
Teaching Beyond the Square is a non-profit organization based in New York City. Founded in 2013, our work is guided by an exploration-based approach for early childhood education. Young children have great potential and our goal is to help make their voices be heard and made visible.
The Goals of Teaching Beyond the Square
· To support educators through a variety of educational programming events that focus on how an exploration-based approach can be implemented in classrooms and school communities.
· To support school communities through our consultancy services designed to help implement change towards exploration-based approach.
· To utilize our Materials Center as a resource for educational, pedagogical and community building experiences.
· To support children and families through programming geared towards creativity and symbolic development.
· To provide career development and training opportunities through our educational stipend for teachers who are interested in pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in early childhood education or a related field of study.